You know, I looked at the site this morning. I knew I hadn't updated in a while, but Jesus Christ Opening Day? I agree with the shitty, scathing emails that I received. I suck. I am terrible.
So, here's a synopsis of what has happened between then and now:
- CC sucked, then was really good, now is just good
- Andy Pettitte is obviously on HGH again
- A-Rod wasn't hitting, but now he's starting to. He also hit a ball in Oakland that hasn't fucking landed yet.
- Derek Jeter hasn't been great, but not bad either. He'll have another .300 season
- Robinson Cano is the best player on the team - but much more shockingly, he hasn't looked lazy (yet)
- Mark Teixeira has sucked and is continuing to do so
- Mo is God
- Phil Hughes looks like the guy that we heard about for what seemed like 10 years in the minors
- Javy Vazquez works every day to make me look like an asshole
- Jorge Posada is obviously sharing HGH with Pettitte
- Randy Winn is a waste of blood
- Brett Gardner: All Star (I still think he sucks, but I'll take it while we wait for Teixeira wakes the fuck up)
- I haven't been to a game yet, please feel free to donate tickets at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Girardi picked Sunday to fuck up for the first time by deciding to intentionally walk Kendry Morales; then deciding not to
Thats about all I really have of note - let me know what I missed while telling me how much I suck in the comments
The Yankees and Red Sox played a typical early-April-in-the-Northeast bout tonight, losing to the Red Sox 9-7 in what turned out to be an abortion of a baseball game.
Terrible pitching and poor defense by Jorge Posada turned out to rule the day. But hey, at least Curtis Granderson hit a home run, right?
PS - Since I basically stole that picture from myself, is that still stealing?