7/8/09

Kevin Millar Hates the New Stadium

Kevin Millar made an appearance on Sirius XM yesterday with Seth Everett and Jim Duquette discussing, amongst other things, his first visit to the new Yankee Stadium. Let's have some fun, this beat is sick, I wanna take a ride on the blockquote:

The Blue Jays just completed their first trip to the new ballpark. Millar played in the old Yankee Stadium many times as a member of the Boston Red Sox (2003-05) and Baltimore Orioles (2006-08).

Host, Jim Duquette: “What’s your impression of the new Yankee Stadium?”

Kevin Millar: “I’m going to be honest with you. You know I’m going to shoot from the hip. I’m not a big fan of it. Nothing pops there, nothing pops. The old stadium, you walked in, you knew this was where [Mickey] Mantle played and [Joe] DiMaggio. It was just that old school. I got booed a lot louder. They didn’t boo me as loud here. I like to get booed. They were too nice to me here. They’re too nice to me. I don’t know if it’s all corporate, but they’re too nice. But it’s just like a big, huge – it’s a beautiful facility, don’t get me wrong – but the navy blue seats, a lot of concrete and nothing pops. I mean, nothing pops there, personally. Now, it was our first trip in and I don’t know if I was expecting more, but that’s the truth and it’s just I loved the old stadium.”

No comments: